Skip to content
- under the gun
- The playing position to the direct left of the blinds in Texas hold ’em or Omaha hold ’em. The player who is under the gun must act first on the first round of betting.
- An underdog or dog is a player with a smaller chance to win than another specified player. Frequently used when the exact odds are expressed.
- A full house made where the three of a kind has lower-ranking cards than the pair. Compare with big full
- When used with a card rank to describe a poker hand, refers to two pair with the named card being the higher pair.
- A card that is played face up. See main article: upcard
- A period during which a player wins more (or loses less) than expected. See also: downswing
- up the ante
- Increase the stakes
- See raise