Skip to content
- early position
- See position.
- eight or better
- A common qualifier in high-low split games that use ace-5 ranking. Only hands where the highest card is an eight or less can win the low portion of the pot.
- One’s mathematical expected value from the current deal, calculated by multiplying the amount of money in the pot by one’s probability of winning. If a split is possible, the equity also includes the probability of winning a split times the size of that split.
- expectation, expected value, EV
- See main article: expected value. Used in poker to mean profitability in the long run.
- exposed card
- A card whose face has been deliberately or accidentally revealed to players normally not entitled to that information during the play of the game. Various games have different rules about how to handle this irregularity. Compare with boxed card.